The new domestic violence shelter officially opened in August 2016.
It is not too late to help by making a donation. Please let us know your donation is for the new shelter.
We also have a need for soft/collapsible toy boxes, small area rugs, and cleaning supplies for the new shelter, paper towels, laundry detergent, mops, brooms, dust pans, disinfectant spray, and bathroom and kitchen cleaners.
Thank you for helping our shelter residents feel welcomed, loved, and uplifted as they pursue a safer, healthier future for themselves and their children. Please call the Empowerhouse office at 540-373-9372 to make arrangements for dropping off shelter items.
Links to Empowerhouse in the Local News
- August 26, 2016: Town Talk Radio Program: Ted Schubel and Kathy Anderson discuss the opening of the new domestic violence shelter.
- August 24, 2016: “Region gets expanded domestic violence shelter” Free Lance-Star newspaper article.
- August 18, 2016: Youtube video: Ted Schubel and Kathy Anderson tour the new domestic violence shelter.
- March 17, 2016: Youtube video: Ted Schubel and Kathy Anderson take a behind-the-scenes look at the new shelter.
- January 19, 2016: Town Talk Radio Program.
- October 2015 issue of Front Porch Fredericksburg: article on page 26.
- June 22, 2015: Town Talk Radio Program.
- May 29, 2015: Free Lance-Star newspaper article.